Wednesday, February 20, 2008



If I were stranded on a deserted island with only a "ghetto blaster" I would just want a bunch of tunes to jam out to because hey if your stranded ya' might as well have something to groove to ya know! The first tape I would want would defiantly have to be a Jimmy Buffet tape. I say this because it would just feel right to have some island blues to sing along with while on a beach, it would be an all but perfect situation. For my next tape I'd have to go with some good old Eagles tunes. Listen to the Eagles puts my mind in a good place, one where I can just kick back sing along and forget about my worries while singing to them, kind of like therapy I guess. Then next set of tracks I would have with me is some of those classic John "Cougar" Mellencamp hits. Having some of those classics to listen to would take me back a few years and put a smile on my face, bcause for the most part his songs are about being young and having a little bit of innocent fun. Another tape I would have to go with would be one of Kenny Chseney's. Again along the lines of looking back at life and being able to just have a grin on your face thinking about all the good times. And another reason is because he mixes country along with island/reggae music all while having a good time. The last cassette would have to be one of Alan Jackson's. All his music seems to him home with me quite literally. From the song "Chattahoochee" to "Summertime blues" because all his songs seems to be about what it's like to live in a rural area experiencing life and whenever I hear his songs they take me back.

Jimmy Buffet

The Eagles

John "Cougar" Mellencamp

Kenny Chesney

Alan Jackson

No comments: